Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

THE EASIEST MICROWAVE COCONUT ICE RECIPE EVER ...

Yes, I am Baker-challenged but even I can't flop this recipe so without further ado ....

COCONUT ICE
1 tin Condensed Milk
500g Icing Sugar
2oog fine Coconut
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • Warm the condensed milk in a bowl in the microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
  • Sift the icing sugar in a separate bowl and add the coconut. Mix well.
  • Add the icing sugar and coconut mixture to the heated condensed milk, a bit at a time, stirring well each time.
  • Place mixture into the microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute.
  • Add Vanilla Essence.
  • Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and allow to cool.
  • Cut into squares and forget about your waistline and your spreading bottom and enjoy ...
  • (If you want to you can add 4 drops of food colouring before you pour the mixture into a baking dish but I like it creamy coloured from the Vanilla ...)
This is my friend, Annie's easy recipe and I must say it is divine. I have never been a fan of Coconut Ice but this is delish ...

I'll post her easy micro fudge recipe soon - also the best on the planet ...

Bryce has Market Day at School tomorrow so guess what last-minute-mom is off to do now - yup, make Coconut Ice (Annie has already made the fudge, bless her heart ...)

Happy Eating!!!!

Love,

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

I will definitely have to make this - I have such a sweet tooth and this and fundge and two of my favourites amongst others!!

Desire Fourie said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe Tracy. Will definitely keep it filed at the top of my recipe file to try out soonest. Yummie.